What's #trending for marketers this year?
The main responsibility of marketing is to connect your business with the consumer. I am sure you are asking yourself, "but how?" Marketers must create effective campaigns that spark a conversation between the customer and business. Customers want to be involved, or at least feel like they are.
Invest in native advertising, you won't regret it.
Going native is beneficial in marketing because it produces organic results, while costing less than paid advertising. Native advertising encourages marketers to target specific groups of consumers that would be most relevant to your business, rather than just displaying to whomever is online at that time. If an individual chooses to convert based off your native advertisement, that individual will be more likely to be a loyal customer. You have built the trust your business wants and needs with your customer, which can encourage a higher display of engagement. Essentially, it costs your business less money and there is a higher chance of retaining the customer. How could you not?
Don't stop there, now dive into content marketing.
Content marketing is an absolute necessity. This is a strategic method to distribute relevant information to attract your target audience. Marketers need to work on this constantly, it may never feel never ending... This is because it's not! Content needs to be optimized in order to stay relevant to the consumer. The first thing businesses need to do is establish a voice of the brand. This will help encourage consumers to connect with the business and keep them engaged.
What's your story?
Don't be afraid to share your story! An awesome way to do this is through video marketing. This gives your company depth and dynamic. Don't just hide behind a blog post or status, post a vid about what your business is all about! Users are more likely to watch AND share a video rather than a post or image. This is a new form of content that every business should utilize. Pick up your phone and press record!
Marketing automation is a marketers best friend. Marketing automation is exactly what it sounds like -- Using a software platform that is designed to take care of repetitive tasks automatically. This tool kit includes solutions for email marketing, social-media marketing, SMS and digital ads.In fact, 91 percent of the most successful marketers agree that marketing automation is “very important” to the overall success of their marketing across channels. This gives you the ability to focus on other tasks and maintain the repetitive ones.
Now, it's time for your marketing makeover!
Here is top news for marketing this week (1/16/17-1/20/17)
1. What does the future hold for business marketing in 2017? Connecting with customers on a deeper level, while utilizing artificial intelligence will be priority for marketers.
2. The office environment has a huge impact on your team's performance and happiness, which directly impacts your business. What is your office vibe?
3. It's 2017, everyone (and their moms) are on social media. But is your business producing effective content? Check out how to go from concept to content.
4. After creating effective content, it's time to generate leads from social media.
5. Everyone makes little mistakes, but don't make these minor mistakes with SEO. Learn how to clean up your website content here.
Tune in next week for more marketing articles!
Qinghua Lao & ERC team